Free, Online Tutoring!
The Alameda County Library is pleased to announce that we are continuing to provide Live Homework Help (LHH) for students in 4th – 12th grades and students taking college introductory level courses. LHH is a free online homework help program that connects students to expert tutors seven days a week either from the library, school, or their home computer. The service, supported by a grant from the California State Library, is free for all students with an Alameda County Library card.
In post-session surveys, students reported the following:
• 96% are glad the library offered the service
• 94% would recommend the service to a friend
• 87% feel the program is helping them complete assignments, building their confidence in their schoolwork and even improving their grades
And here are some quotes from students:
“This is such an awesome system, and I think everyone should use this. It is MAJOR help to me.”
“This is the best web site for kids whose parent or siblings can’t help them with homework.”
“I had a great tutor. The thing that’s great is it’s free so now I don’t need to go out to pay for a private tutor.”
How Live Homework Help Works
Students can connect to online tutors for free from 1:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. every day. They simply go to www.aclibrary.org and click on the Live Homework Help link to access remotely with their library card number. They then enter their grade level and the subject in which they need help. Tutoring is available in the following subjects:
• Math: elementary, algebra I, algebra II, geometry, trigonometry and calculus
• Science: elementary, earth science, biology, chemistry, physics
• Social studies: American History, World History, Political Science and more
• English: spelling, grammar, book reports, essay writing and more
The tutors are certified teachers, university professors, graduate school students, students at accredited colleges, and professionals who are experts in their fields. All of the Live Homework Help tutors have received a third party background check and have been certified through the Tutor.com Training Program. Tutors do not ask any personal questions, and the students’ anonymity is ensured.
For questions about Live Homework Help, please contact Gary Morrison: firstname.lastname@example.org